Wednesday, October 26, 2011

rose and sandalwood delight!


I decided to make my own
liquid hand soap
after seeing a super easy recipe online somewhere.
All you need is;
*a bar of soap,
*a small bottle of glycerine
(for about $4 from any chemist)
*water (the recipe I used was 10 cups but next time would use half that much as mine is quite watery)
and if you're inclined,
*essential oils!
It's so easy, affordable and smells so0oo good!
You just grate a cup of soap, add the water in a pot with a tablespoon of glycerin and a couple of drops of your favourite oils.
Stir slowly on low heat until all the soap is dissolved, let cool, pour in a pump bottle and enjoy!
I found some rose glycerine
and added
sandalwood essential oil
and it's pure happiness in a bottle!

:)



3 comments:

Liz said...

oh wow - how pretty does that sound?! I want to try... hmm... will have to give it a go!

ursulasal said...

divine ......
it's amazing how beautifully scented goodies can lift our spirits, hmmmmm
tried my hands at making soap at Eileen's in WA, was sooo much fun

Eileen said...

wow, it sounds so easy! Even easier than making the bars of soap, which Mum was so good at. :)