Tuesday, March 1, 2011

craft project

I've long been fascinated by
needle felting
and decided to finally purchase a few needles
and give it a go!
First I made a core ball of plain wool, wrapped it in a pair of tights
and threw it in with the laundry!
easy!
Then I needle felted the pictures on the outside.
You just poke a barbed needle in and out, over and over until it sticks.
It's great to see a new creation out of an old forgotten jumper
and woolly socks.

They're light, soft
and
the girls love them!

I'm working on a headband now, and Willow has helped me felt soap too.
What is felted soap?
It's just a bar of soap covered in felt, :)
it's antibacterial, you don't need a washcloth
and it's fun!


4 comments:

Eileen said...

They're beautiful! You're such a natural at these crafty things! These must be so soft and fun to play with, and you could put little bells inside to make musical ones.
Did you knit a ball of wool first to make the core, or did you just scrunch it?

Liz said...

They are so sweet! I've seen the felted soap around on etsy... its a great little idea!

ursulasal said...

I agree with Eileen and Liz. I can see you with your own little craft shop one day. You have the right touch for it and 2 girls helping!

anouk said...

thank yous,
I love crafties,i like to try everything at least once when i'm ready for it. :)
Eileen-yes, some people put bells in them, i'll have to try it. Nope, i didn't knit it, just wrapped wool around and around until i had a ball i was happy with. :)